Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fog Fury




What is wrong with some people?

Do you ever get those days
where you get so frustrated
that you wonder if some of
the people around you
are from a totally different planet?

Normally, I am cool-headed.
Anger sits way, way back
in a moldy cave somewhere.
I rarely use it.

But yesterday,
I was ready to yank it out
and blow it up
like one of those
giant gorilla balloons
that help sell cars.

Anyway...

Yesterday was foggy.
Out here in the country,
it was really foggy.
I couldn't see the cows
in the field across the road.
I couldn't see the pond,
my mailbox,
or the school bus lights.
It was a giant cloud of
mist and ice
that laid right smack dab
on the ground.
Thick as a curtain
and as mean as the devil.

I had a lunch date in town
and had no other choice
but to slice through the fog
in hopes that I'd see the next turn,
the sharp curves,
and
THE IDIOT'S THAT DIDN'T
HAVE THEIR HEADLIGHTS ON!

OMG-
What is wrong with people?
Do they think those cool
little strobes on the front of
their car
are just for nighttime?

Do they figure as long as they
can see to drive-
then all is well?

Well- It's not, you morons!

Makes me just wanna
pull them out of their cars
and give them a good
piece of angry.

I wasn't having road rage.
(I've had that before and it's
completely different).

It was the irritation in me
that just can't understand
some drivers.

It is simple common sense
to utilize your headlights
in order for other
drivers to see you.
It's a visibility issue
in a daytime situation.

Unfortunately,
there are so many people
that don't have common sense.

They are the same people that
back up without looking,
never use a turn signal,
drive a mile in the turn lane,
go 50 mph in the left lane of
the interstate,
don't use their wipers in a rain storm,
and
PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME
WHEN IT'S FREAKIN' FOGGY!

I know you saw me.
BECAUSE I HAD MY LIGHTS ON!

Luckily,
I was quick
and my brakes were good
and I was wearing a seat belt.
You know-
that strap thing that hangs
over your shoulder
and buckles across your lap?
Would you like me to show you
how it works?

And while I'm at it,
lets have a lesson
about how to turn on
your headlights.
Bless your little heart.
(And brain...)

Okay...fine.

My dear readers,
You can breathe easy now.
The gorilla-sized anger
deflated
and went back to his cave.

Time for another cup of coffee.

I'll rant again
another day...:)