Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two fer Tuesday

I woke up this morning to
my husband singing "Takin' It Easy"-
(presumably the early '70's hit by the Eagles.)

I smiled.

And it wasn't for the fact that
he sounded anything like lead vocal Glenn Frey.

It was because he was in a good mood-
and the lyrics seeped into my weary morning bones
like a dose of positive medicine.

Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy 


I realized that I've been
spinning my wheels lately-.
not taking advantage of down time.
I'm thinking too far ahead to the holidays-
and next year-
and a time when I will have (hopefully)
achieved all my elusive goals.

Oh, I'm well aware
that there's a danger in only
living for the moment,
but my husband's rough vocals
made me pause for a moment
and take a good look at things around me.

The sun was just coming up...
There were a few purple clouds floating
in the soft glow...
The air was cool,
like a bonfire/football game night...
and I breathed deeply to absorb it all.

September is almost gone.
Where did the days go?
How did summer pass so quickly?

So,my friends-
I just want you to face today
with a smile.
Open your lungs -
and your eyes -
and your heart-
and let your soul sing.

And remember this:

We may lose and we may win 
but we will never be here again...


***************************************

Happy Birthday, Jackson boy!

My little grandson, Jackson turns 7 today!

He is handsome:

Intelligent:

Funny:
Loaded with energy:

And enjoys life to the fullest:


Jackson, you are the light of my life.
My wonder of wonders,
my favorite hugger,
my budding artist,
and the most loved little man of my heart!

Happy Birthday!
Nana loves you!!!