Monday, September 27, 2010

Trashy Wheels




  My daughters came over last night
and somehow we got on the subject
of messy cars.
 
You know- when your vehicle
is lazily littered with McDonald's cups
or Dairy Queen napkins
or last weeks junk mail.
 
Personally, I am very good at keeping
a tidy car, but apparently 
it did not rub off on my children.
 
We had a good laugh when I remembered
the time I cleaned out my youngest daughter's car for her
because she was driving it to the spring dance.

Then- my oldest daughter chimed in,
"I still have the email you sent me
with the list of stuff you took out of there!"

It was dated February 12, 1999.
And we had fun reading it again.
 
Note: Disclosure statement- 
 
The following list is in no way reflective
of the home environment, family social graces,
or the rearing of my children.
It does not convey an accurate picture
of normal circumstances
or the everyday condition of vehicles
licensed to myself or those residents
of my household.

> 4 - pencils
> 1 - face powder compact
> 4 - ink pens
> 1 - variety pac eye shadow
> 2 - hair clips
> 1 - lipstick
> 5 - ponytail holders
> 1 - makeup brush
> 4 - hairbrushes
> 1 - assortment of change
> 1 - hair pick
> 1 - backpack
> 2 - combs
> 1 - pr. shoes
> 2 - eyebrow pencils
> 1 - laundry basket full papers
> 3 - fingernail polish
> 2 - bottles perfume
> 1 - glitter body lotion
> 1 - lip gloss
> 1 - sweater
> 1 - Little Debbie bar
> 1 - partial bag chips
> 1 - skirt
> 1 - 1998 prom invitation
> 2 - soda cans
> 1 - greeting card
> 1 - empty pack gum
> 1 - cake plate
> 1 - lot assorted papers
> 1 - Rubbermaid water bottle
> 1 - misc. candy wrappers,circus video ticket
> stubs, bobby pins, and ice scrapers
> 1 - decongestant inhaler
> 1 - VCR tape
> 2 - pr. gloves
> 1 - shirt

> 2 - key chains w/ no keys
> 1 - bag fruit candy
> 1 - scented body lotion
> 1 - tanning lotion
> 2 - footballs
> 1 - bracelet
> 1 - regular camera
> 1 - disposable camera
> 1 - instant camera
> 3 - pr sunglasses (2 broken)
> 1 - empty bottle hairspray
> 1 - roll on deodorant
> 1 - hand brace
> 1 - tennis ball
> 2 - photographs
> 1 - box matches
> 1 - cig. lighter
> 1 - hat
> 1 - tank top
> 2 - pr. jeans
Can you imagine?