Thursday, July 16, 2009

With Gratitude


It's been a year today
since I first sat down right here
and made my first blog entry.

At the time, I wasn't positive
that I'd find things to write about-
and I had suspicions that it would
be one of the many unfinished
projects in my life.

But soon it became habit.
And therapy.
And practice exercising my heart.

Along the way, I've made new friends-
and I want you all to know
how much I appreciate your comments
and support.
Even if I don't know your name
or recognize your face,
I am glad we met.

There were days that
I just wanted to crawl back into bed.
But- no-
I had to write my blog!
(People were waiting).

There were days that
I just wanted to cry,
but I wanted so much to make you laugh.
(And as a result,
I ended up laughing, too.)

I've found myself along the way.

I have learned honesty
and imagination
and the bittersweet passing of time.

I have tried to be entertaining, yet real.

I have hoped to leave a part of me on this earth
through a trail of words.
Things I want my kids and grandkids to know.

Things that tell them who I am.

I've learned that
it doesn't really matter how you say it-
just that you do.

Like my three year old great nephew, Hayden,
so eloquently put it:
"God puts words in our tummy."
No wonder I feel so bloated!

Thanks for celebrating a year with me!
We've still got lots of pondering to do,
so stay on my porch.

We might even catch a nap later!