Tuesday, April 14, 2009

To a Special Sister

Today is my sister Linda's
birthday, so I wanted to
take today's blog as an opportunity
to say "Happy Birthday" to her.

Here's a little ditty
about Linda!

***********************

L- is for the Laughter she shares-
even if sometimes we aren't
just laughing with her-
but at her.

I- is for her Ingenious ideas.
Like the time we were out of
lemons, so she suggested having
banana wedges with our tequila shots.
(Not her best idea).

N- is for Never ceasing to amaze.
She once ate an earth worm
(for a $10 bet)
and a locust-skeleton
dipped in chocolate syrup.

(Did I mention she
was crazy?)

Plus,
N is for Nap.
Yeah.

D- is for her favorite word,
"Dang".
We like it too, Linda-
especially when you say it.

A- is for Always being ready
for new ideas,
projects or parties.

And for Always being a
shoulder to cry on-
a buddy to laugh with-
and a friend to grow old with.

(And for Always commenting
so eloquently on my blog.)

***************************

She never thinks I'm crazy-
because she's crazier.
And she never thinks I'm old-
cause she's older! ha!

Linda, may all your wishes come true.
Even the fantastic one about
being stranded on a
quiet, peaceful,
desert island
with only Wayne-
and a giant jug
of margaritas.

I love you so much.
May happiness be your shadow
in sunshine and in rain.

Happy Birthday!
Happy Year!
Happy Life!

You're the best!




I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHEN THIS PICTURE
WAS TAKEN. BEST GUESS IS ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO.
LINDA IS ON THE LEFT. I DON'T KNOW WHO THE
OTHER WEIRDO IS.