Monday, October 27, 2008

Last Party of the Summer


Well, down come the cobwebs today.
(Hopefully the real ones with the fake ones.)
Back go the skeletons and spiders
into their attic retreat.
Away go the masks and capes and
crepe paper- the wigs and witches
and creepy things.

But what remains is the
memories that were made
over the weekend.

First of all, I want to thank
Linda and Wayne for always
being right here to help
when the word "party" is mentioned.
They slave away and put their sweat
into making it successful.
We love you guys.

Just sitting around the table
the day after
and talking about how it went
is a bonding experience
that I hope will
continue for years to come.

I also want to thank my family
for coming- all dressed up
and ready to have fun-
that means a lot to me.

Loved having Jaclyn, Lyndsey,
Libby, Luke, Taylor,and their
significant others, too!
Wish I would have had more time
to talk and visit.

It's always sad to see the
last party of the summer
fade into cooler nights
and winter coming.

Now thoughts are focused
on turkey dinner
and pumpkin pie-
of the holidays to come.

I pull down my spiders
and props.
Sweep up the fragments
of popcorn and candy.
Stuff away the 2008
Halloween decorations.

And I smile and even laugh a little-
It was fun.
Can't wait to do it again next year...