Saturday, September 27, 2008

Six True Things


My niece Kelli has asked me to participate in a "meme", which is a list of questions that you answer about yourself. (Thus, the word "me- me"). I was asked to list 6 unspectacular things about myself. (Obviously things that no one knows or suspects- because we all know everyone wants the scoop or the poop on everybody else!) Here goes:

1. I actually saw a UFO on April 14, 1998. If you don't believe me, go to your bookstore and ask for the book "The I-Files- True Reports of Unexplained Phenomena in Illinois by Jay Rath and open it to page 31.

2. I cannot parallel park, tie a cherry stem with my tongue, sing, play a musical instrument, do algebra, watch football on TV, use a circular saw, or make pie crust.
(However- confidential to all my silly sisters- I CAN skip!)

3.I love margaritas, salted nuts and loaded nachos. Preferably all at the same time.

4. I want to move into a little hand-built log cabin deep in the woods where my husband and I can tinker in the barn with wood and metal and crafts. Where we can have fresh eggs and chickens, a big garden, a stone fireplace, maybe a hot tub, and a big screened in porch with an iron bed where we can sleep under the tin roof and listen to the rain. I want my husband and I to grow old together and live happily ever after.

5. I can't draw realistic looking people.

6. My mom hit me on the head with a biscuit can when I was little for throwing a fit while she was cooking. I'll never forget the look on her face when she realized what she had done. That's the first time I ever used the "guilt complex" on her and milked it for all it was worth. I think she rocked me for a good thirty minutes and kissed my boo-boo numerous times!

Ok-
Now I am supposed to "link" so that others will answer. Not sure I know how.
I guess that should be #7. I am basically computer illiterate.
So, I'll just give a shout out to all my sisters and nieces!

Start giving us the Poop!