Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bringing Home Bigfoot


I have a secret.

It's something that few people know except my immediate family.
I've not tried to hide it - it just hasn't really been addressed before.
But today I think its time to tell the world that
I believe in Bigfoot.

It's a glitch in my reality gene, I suppose.

Whenever there is a television show about Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Mo-Mo, the Abominable Snowman or the Loch Ness Monster - I am glued to the screen.
I love to watch Monster Quest, the History Channel, Ghost Hunters, and sometimes even SciFi.
I secretly hope that these creatures are finally found- and better yet- that I have a part in their discovery!

Disappointingly, I may be too late for my slice of fame.

Fox News reported this week that the first Bigfoot has been found and preserved.
DNA tests are being conducted and a team of scientists are studying the body, but skeptics doubt that the hairy creature, found in the wilds of Georgia, is the real deal.

Among the creatures physical characteristics - according to the hunters website - http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/ - were flat feet similar to human feet. Its footprint is 16 ¾ inches long and the length from palm to tip of the middle finger is 11 ½ inches long.

I know it's not really something I want to bump into while camping,
or to spot on a deserted road when my car is out of gas.
But, there is a slight thrill of thinking I might spot one far off in the tree line, or discover the remains of its ape-like carcass somewhere -so the whole world will finally know the truth.

There is supposed to be a special news conference scheduled Friday or Saturday to reveal the findings and to announce once and for all if this thing exists.
I don't know about you, but I know where I'll be!
Watching with anticipation- half hoping it's all a big hoax.

That way- there is still a chance that I'll be the one
to bring home Bigfoot.