Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Quiet World (Q)

3428882996_8256cafd82

Sometimes I feel alone in this world.

Voiceless.

Detached.

While the crowds around me chatter and mumble, I keep to my path.

I simply smile and follow the road to peace and quiet-

open that huge, loud door and step into a cloud of silence.

I like it there.

My ears rest.

My voice relaxes.

My mind breathes in soft, slow rhythm.

In my quiet world, I can hear bird songs-their musical language like a hypnotizing chant- the flutter of gray wings and the gentle tapping of their beaks on scattered seeds…

In my quiet world, I know the difference between the wind rustling in the maples and it whistling through the pine boughs.

I listen to the beat of the water upon the pond bank, the iridescent ripples kissing the cattails with steady strokes.

I can hear the honeysuckled breeze tickle the wind chimes,

the black crow cawing over the freshly turned pasture,

a distant dog barking for an overdue treat.

In my quiet world,

I am in tune with the moonlight,

the sunlight,

the splatter of rain drops on thirsty clover.

I hear my own heart,

my hidden melody,

my beckoning dreams.

Sometimes my quiet world is so deafening

that I am overwhelmed by its miracles.

And that is when my soul writes…

-finds an unobtrusive voice

and shouts without sound.