Friday, May 28, 2010

Life After Facebook

Since kicking Facebook to the curb,
I've actually gotten a bit
of housework done.
I even surprised myself by
turning the computer completely OFF,
and not just letting it sit in sleep mode-
ready to ambush me every time I passed.

I found a spot for my old chart.




The desk was one I picked up for $40
a few years ago.
My husband says its a piece of junk-but I love it.
Here's a better view:



And the wonderful Charlie doll is
a birthday gift from my daughter Erin.
I know it's kinda creepy,
but I've wanted one for quite a while now.
As you can see in the first picture,
I even pinned his arm to the wall
so he would look like he was waving.

(So, I'm weird - sue me.)



I also found a place for the giant clothespin
that I picked up for a quarter
at last weeks yard sales.
I Velcro-ed it to my laundry room door.

Then I decided to use my picnic carrier-
(one that holds paper plates, napkins,
utensils or mustard and ketchup)
to corral all the remote controls-
...and stuff.
I found this mirror last Saturday, too.
$2.50.
I distressed it a bit and put
a wall pocket full of fun flowers
beneath it.
Then I needed something
to tie back the curtains to let the
sun shine in.
I got an old necklace from
my costume pile
and used it:

I found this cute little bunny bowl
at Goodwill for 50 cents.
I smile whenever I see it
holding my stash of granola bars.
(I hide the chocolate bars!)
Last, but not least.
Don't spend money on expensive
wall word graphics-
(If you like that sorta thing...)
I printed mine out from the computer.
applied it with carbon paper,
and filled it in with a paint pen.
The three words say it all!
(I don't know why that wall looks
likes it's drooping!)


Anyway...
Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!
I know I will.
It's my birthday!

"I'm gonna party like it my birthday-
Gonna sip Bacardi like it's my birthday..."
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!