Monday, February 2, 2009

The Little Things



I've never been into the so-called feminist movement.

As long as I'm able to open a door myself, I'll do it.
I'm proud of my title as "Mrs."
and I believe in taking
turns rolling the trash to the curb every Tuesday.

I have the privilege of being a housewife.
Every day I'm thankful I don't have to
get dressed, get out, rub elbows and kiss butt.

I take two hour coffee breaks,
long afternoon bubble baths,
and leave my pajama pants on all day.

So, it's only fair that I treat my husband
with respect and spoil him
with little things that may make his life easier.
It's because I truly love him.
And not because I expect any favors in return.

Love is:
Giving him the biggest, most tender steak on the platter...
Throwing his towel in the dryer to warm it up
before he steps out of the shower...
Buying the "pricey beer" once in awhile and serving it
to him in a frosted mug...
Lighting candles in our bedroom
instead of turning on the TV...
Clipping his nails for him...
Back rubs...
Tweezing his ear hairs...
Putting love notes in his lunch box...
Straightening his collar as he sets out for work
(and check his nose for stray boogers)...
Pulling off his boots...
Trimming his beard...
Preparing his toothbrush when he's in a hurry...
Buying "man" soap, deodorant and shampoo
in addition to my woman stuff...
Putting his slippers on him after a hard work day...
Giving him the best pillow...
Telling him he looks good when he does...
Smiling at him...
Giving him little kisses on the forehead in passing...
Holding the flashlight as he checks the oil...
Mowing the yard before he gets the chance to...
Freeing up a weekend for doing nothing...
Adjusting the car seat and mirrors back like he uses them...
Listening to his stories, dreams, and jokes...

This is the month of love,
but Valentines Day isn't the only day
to show him that you truly care.

Try doing at least one of the things listed above.
Do it today.
Tomorrow.
Always.

You might be pleasantly surprised...