Tuesday, February 17, 2009
February is the black sheep of the family calendar-
the quirky month-
the month that decided to be different-
almost an outcast.
Sometimes I feel that way.
Like I'm a square peg
living in a round world-
the only nut
in a bag of Brainiacs-
the only woman on the block
who doesn't give a hoot
if there's a gigantic shoe sale
going on today.
So- to pay tribute
to the 28 days of February,
I am going to share
28 things with you.
Random thoughts, facts,
and ponderings of life...
I think that this type of thing
exercises the mind-
uncovers hidden desires.
I told you I was a little different.
A bit Februarish.
(I made that up.)
Think Webster will catch on?
1. I have never tasted a marshmallow Peep.
2. I would like to see a Creedence Clearwater Revival concert.
3. I rarely pass up a good tablecloth at a yard sale.
4. Goodwill is my favorite Friday hangout.
5. I like my French Toast dipped in corn flake crumbs.
6. I would like to read the biographies of Vincent Van Gogh,
Lewis and Clark, and Erma Bombeck.
7. I love little birds.
8. I hate garden moles.
9. I like to eat bologna in vinegar once in awhile.
10. I still have the dress pants I got married in.
Size zero. They don't even fit one leg now.
11. I miss my sister weekends.
12. I miss my sister Barb.
13. I wish I knew more about the God.
14. I wish God knew a little more about me.
15. I'd like to build a tree house in the woods.
16. I wish I could play the piano.
17. My favorite flower is the lilac.
18. I want this quote on my tombstone:
"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
19. I didn't learn to ride a bike till I was
about nine years old.
20. I like old quilts, rusty objects and
21. But I also like disco balls, glittery
Christmas ornaments and shiny vases.
22. Inside I still feel nineteen.
23. Most of the time.
24. I'm not really afraid of mice, snakes, or bats-
but I don't want them around me.
25. I am afraid of spiders, bank overdrafts, and
26. I always dream in color.
27. I will watch scary movies with monsters and aliens-
but not ones with real people who are evil.
28. I start getting spring fever this time every year.
For those of you that think I bailed out of
writing a really good blog today,
then try to sit down and write your 28 things!
Take a big leap.
After all, it's February.