Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Februarish


February is the black sheep of the family calendar-
the quirky month-
the month that decided to be different-
offbeat-
unique-
almost an outcast.

Sometimes I feel that way.
Like I'm a square peg
living in a round world-
the only nut
in a bag of Brainiacs-
the only woman on the block
who doesn't give a hoot
if there's a gigantic shoe sale
going on today.

So- to pay tribute
to the 28 days of February,
I am going to share
28 things with you.
Random thoughts, facts,
and ponderings of life...

I think that this type of thing
exercises the mind-
massages memories-
uncovers hidden desires.

I told you I was a little different.
A bit Februarish.
(I made that up.)
Think Webster will catch on?

28 Things:

1. I have never tasted a marshmallow Peep.

2. I would like to see a Creedence Clearwater Revival concert.

3. I rarely pass up a good tablecloth at a yard sale.

4. Goodwill is my favorite Friday hangout.

5. I like my French Toast dipped in corn flake crumbs.

6. I would like to read the biographies of Vincent Van Gogh,
Lewis and Clark, and Erma Bombeck.

7. I love little birds.

8. I hate garden moles.

9. I like to eat bologna in vinegar once in awhile.

10. I still have the dress pants I got married in.
Size zero. They don't even fit one leg now.

11. I miss my sister weekends.

12. I miss my sister Barb.

13. I wish I knew more about the God.

14. I wish God knew a little more about me.

15. I'd like to build a tree house in the woods.

16. I wish I could play the piano.

17. My favorite flower is the lilac.

18. I want this quote on my tombstone:
"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

19. I didn't learn to ride a bike till I was
about nine years old.

20. I like old quilts, rusty objects and
weathered wood.

21. But I also like disco balls, glittery
Christmas ornaments and shiny vases.

22. Inside I still feel nineteen.

23. Most of the time.

24. I'm not really afraid of mice, snakes, or bats-
but I don't want them around me.

25. I am afraid of spiders, bank overdrafts, and
icy roads.

26. I always dream in color.

27. I will watch scary movies with monsters and aliens-
but not ones with real people who are evil.

28. I start getting spring fever this time every year.

Okay.
For those of you that think I bailed out of
writing a really good blog today,
then try to sit down and write your 28 things!

Go ahead-
Take a big leap.
After all, it's February.