Wednesday, December 16, 2009

National Chocolate Covered Anything Day! Yay!




Yummmmmmmmm...
Ummmmmmmmmm...

Sorry.
I've got a mouth full
of chocolate.
Give me a minute
to savor it's crazy goodness.

Oooh-ummmmm...

Okay- well, yes-
I know it's not healthy
or even socially acceptable
to have chocolate for breakfast,
but today is a day for
breaking those rules.

Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!

Next to owning a money tree,
that has got to be the best thing ever!

This day gives us the excuse to
down gallons of chocolate milk,
dipped pretzels,
chocolate raisins,
bon-bons
and shakes.

Today we can have
our normally plain
almonds
and pancakes
and bananas
and strawberries-
bathed in chocolate.

I even discovered a recipe
for chocolate covered bacon!



Does it really sound that gross?
Think about that wonderful
salty-sweet combination-
hand in hand with that
crunchy-soft texture-
and it just might become your
favorite go-to snack
when chocolate cravings start.

Or- take a walk on the wild side
by trying this recipe:


Chocolate Scorpions
You will need:                                       
12 dead scorpions
a big bar of chocolate (good quality, fair-trade)
a big pan of boiling water
a big heatproof bowl-

(Well- you can figure out the rest).

Of course, you may want to wait
until October 14th-
which is Chocolate Covered Insect Day
for that one.

Today we want some yumminess.
That sweet,
semi-sweet,
white,
or deep chocolate fantasy.

Everything tastes good in chocolate!

I will even eat oatmeal
if it includes chocolate.
This is how I fix it:

Cook Quaker Quick Oats as directed.
Sweeten with a few spoons of brown sugar.
Stir well.

Sprinkle on dark chocolate mini-morsels
and chopped pecans.
Top with fresh whipped cream.

Indulge!
And remember...
Somewhere underneath all that,
is some powerful-healthy stuff.

I don't care for the taste of cherries.
I usually give away the cherry
on the top of my sundae,
I avoid cherry-flavored drinks,
and cherry candy is always tossed aside.

But give me a chocolate covered cherry
and I don't know when to stop!
Those bright red boxes shout
from the shelves this time of year.

And good thing is-
they are relatively inexpensive.
For $15.55, I can have 72
chocolate covered cherries.

That would last me a good 48 hours.

Chocolate can be found in so many forms.
I just bought this really cool
chocolate-covered foot!



Gives a whole new meaning to
open mouth-
insert foot,
doesn't it?

Which is exactly what I plan to do.

Yummmmm....
Ummmmmmmmm...
Ahhhhh...