Friday, December 18, 2009

May Your Days Be Merry And Bright



Christmas is a week away
and I still haven't finished
my shopping
or baking
or wrapping.

I still haven't washed the
Christmas tablecloth,
found my extra cookie sheets,
or opened my bag of bows.

I still haven't bought my Bailey's,
watched "  It's a Wonderful Life",
or made out my own Christmas list.

So-
with that said-
I just wanted to let you know
that I will be taking next week off
to be with my family-
eating till it ouches us-
playing board games-
making New Year plans-
and watching Cousin Eddie
appear at the Griswold's for the holidays.

May your Christmas
be everything you dreamed it would be.

Soft with music.

Loud with laughter.

Filled with love.

And thick with memories...

Now...
I will leave you today
with one of my favorite quotes
from Erma Bombeck:

"  There's nothing sadder in this world 
than to awake on Christmas morning 
and not be a child."


Merry Christmas to all.